Help from the National Preservation Office
Find out how the National Preservation Office can help you and see a list of suppliers of conservation-quality materials.
What the National Preservation Office can help you with
The National Preservation Office Te Tari Tohu Taonga can:
- provide information on where to get conservation-quality materials for the storage of photographs
- carry out an assessment of your museum, archive or marae and give advice on storing and displaying photographs
- give advice on available funding and support funding applications for conservation projects
- provide guidance on how to minimise the risk of disasters or how to respond afterwards.
Suppliers of conservation-quality materials
Conservation supplies Ltd
- Website — www.conservationsupplies.co.nz
- Email — email@example.com
- Phone — 06 211 3991
Port Nicholson Packaging Ltd
Spiral Path Book Studio
Suppliers of digitisation services
New Zealand Micrographic Services
- Website — www.micrographics.co.nz
Lottery Grants Board
Grants to assist museums, galleries, archives and whare taonga. Marae Heritage and Facilities grants for the conservation of marae or taonga inside marae.
- Website — www.communitymatters.govt.nz/Funding-and-grants---Lottery-grants
- Phone — 0800 824 824
Funding Information Service
Advice and information on funding available to community groups in New Zealand.
Get your objects valued for insurance purposes.
Art and Object
New Zealand Conservators of Cultural Materials
Find a conservator.
Website — https://nzccm.org.nz/
Conservators of Cultural Materials Pū Manaaki kahurangi incorporated (NZCCM)
Website — www.conservators.org.nz