Custom tools and scripts
Our supporting tools and scripts
Over the years we have built supporting tools and scripts for our digital preservation work. Below are links to some of the custom tools and scripts we use.
We provide these scripts, without restrictions or guarantees, with the hope that they might be useful for others applying similar methods.
Please note that we do not provide support for these custom tools or scripts. These tools and scripts are created for our customised environment. If you would like to use them you will need to check for the required components and dependencies before you run them.
- Metadata extraction tool — automatically extracts preservation-related metadata from digital files then outputs that metadata in a standard format (XML) for use in preservation processes and activities.
- marc-extractor — automatically extracts preservation-related metadata from digital files then outputs that metadata in a standard format (XML) for use in preservation processes and activities.
- DROID_comparer — a couple of python scripts to compare DROID/PRONOM log files
- Safe mover — a Python script to move files from A to B creating file hashes and extracting file OS metadata along the way.
- SIP generation tools — common tools for SIP generation and processing.
- Scripts-ingestion — Scripts related to Rosetta ingestion.
- Gradle tool — gradle-specific build tools.
- SIP generation fairfax — SIP Generation tool for Fairfax files.
- Rosetta DPK SDK maven lib — a binary redistribution of the Rosetta DPS SDK in a form suitable for uploading to maven repositories.
- Wekan Groovy SDK — Manages Rosetta pre-ingestion jobs through a dashboard.
- Rosetta SIP Factory — generate Rosetta-compliant Submission Information Packages.
- Repository splitter updater — tools for splitting a source repository into path-based repositories, creating patches for updating those split repositories when the source repository changes and applying those patches.
- Rosetta-pre-ingest-dashboard-processor — runs gradle tasks (tasks that directly interact with the Rosetta pre-ingest dashboard) for the Rosetta pre-ingest dashboard.
All our scripts are hosted on GitHub.