New Zealand Digital Object Identifiers
Members of the consortium
Members of the New Zealand Digital Object Identifiers Consortium (DOINZ) can assign DOIs using DataCite’s DOI registration service and tools.
Members also have access to a forum to share information on Digital Object Identifiers (DOI) tools, guidelines, practices and initiatives.
The current DOINZ members are:
- GNS Science, Te Pū Ao
- Institute of Environmental Science and Research (ESR)
- Manaaki Whenua – Landcare Research
- University of Auckland)
- University of Canterbury
- Lincoln University New Zealand
What are DOINZ members responsible for?
Members are responsible for:
- minting (creating) and management of their institution’s DOIs
- their institution’s policies on DOIs and communicating with their institution’s scholars about DOIs
- participating in the DOINZ Interest Group
- payment of the annual invoices for DataCite fees.
Become a DOINZ Member
DOINZ membership is open to any New Zealand organisation as long as the following criteria are met.
- Provide and maintain at least the mandatory DataCite metadata elements for each item with a DOI.
- Make metadata openly available without restriction.
- Maintain a publicly accessible landing page for each item with a DOI.
- Ensure the DOI is updated as the landing page moves.
For more information about becoming a DOINZ member institution, email us at email@example.com
Join the NZ DOI Interest Group
The New Zealand Digital Object Identifiers (NZ DOI) Interest Group is a forum for sharing information about the use of DOIs (Digital Object Identifiers). It is open to any individual interested in using, promoting and learning about DOIs in New Zealand, regardless of whether your institution is a member of the DOINZ consortium.
For more information and to request membership in the group go to NZ DOI Interest Group.