Kōtui is governed by a board made up of representatives of the stakeholders, being public library members, the Association of Public Library Managers (APLM), Local Government of New Zealand (LGNZ) and the Department of Internal Affairs (DIA). Professional advice is provided to the board from the Kōtui Advisory Group, composed of representatives of the member libraries.
The purpose of the Board is to set the direction for Kōtui by:
- Providing strategic decision making on behalf of the Crown, local authorities, public libraries and strategic supplier partners; and
- Providing challenge to ensure that the goals and objectives continue to meet the desired outcomes of public libraries.
- Rachel Esson, Kotui Board Chair, Director Content Services, NLNZ
- Paula Murdoch, Library member representative
- Glennis Coote, Library member representative
- Rebecca Whitehead, APLM member representative
- Jenny McDonald, NLNZ member representative
- Simon Pickford, LGNZ member representative
- Sue Sutherland, Independent member
- Linda Geddes, Chair, Kotui Managers Executive Group