COVID-19 coronavirus update
Page updated 22 September 2020
On this page
National Library Auckland
The National Library Auckland is closed under Alert Level 2.
National Library Wellington and Alexander Turnbull Library
The National Library Wellington is open under Alert Level 1.
Protect yourself and others from COVID-19.
- keep your distance from other people
- wash your hands
- sneeze and cough into your elbow
- keep a track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen.
Stay home if you are sick.
What you need to know for your Wellington visit
- Opening hours Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm | Sat 9am to 1pm.
- Alexander Turnbull Library Reading Rooms are open — Mon to Fri 10am to 5pm | Sat 9am to 1pm.
- Our COVID-19 tracing QR is on display.
- The ground floor foyer is open.
- He Tohu is open.
- The Retail Store is open.
- HOME Café is open.
- He Matapihi Molesworth Library is open.
Alexander Turnbull Library Reading Rooms are open
The Reading Rooms are open.
Services to Schools
With Auckland's move to Alert Level 2, the lending service from our Auckland Centre is operating. Schools can now return books.
Events check website for status
Most of our events are proceeding. We will continue to follow the Ministry of Health guidelines for event management. We will register you when you arrive.
Some events have had to be cancelled or postponed.
Please check the website for updated information about individual events.
He Tohu open
The He Tohu exhibition is open.