- Student librarians and running your school library
Student librarians and running your school library
Date: Monday 30 May 2022, 3:30pm to 4:30pm
Location: Online — Zoom
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Part of the Learning and support for new school library staff — 2022 seriesAdd to my calendar
At this meeting, you’ll learn about managing student librarians and promoting reading. We’ll share more resources and ideas to help you in your role. Make sure you've already joined our community so we can send you a Zoom invite!
Who this meeting is for
Staff who are new to a role within the school library, such as:
- school librarians
- library assistants
- teachers with library responsibility
- anyone providing school library services to students and staff.
Join our online learning community first
You first need to join our online learning community so we have your email address to send your Zoom invite.
What we’ll be doing
In this meeting, we'll:
- talk with our guest school librarians about how they run their student librarian programmes
- explore how to actively promote reading for pleasure through events, programmes and author visits
- get started with guiding documents for your library and look at budget record-keeping.
Getting ready for this meeting
Get ready to Zoom!
If you're a new user, read joining a meeting.
You may also want to join the meeting a few minutes early (from 3:15pm) to check your tech — make sure your microphone, speakers and webcam are ready to go.
Bring things to share
We'd love to hear how things are going in your library. There will be time to share any successes you’ve had, whether big or small!
If you’ve taken photos you’d like to show everyone, please email them to Anne Dickson at email@example.com by 5pm Friday 27 May.
Find out more
For more information about this meeting, email Miriam Tuohy at firstname.lastname@example.org.