[Smales, John Bumby, fl 1841-1869] :Plan of Wesleyan Mission Station Aotea [ms map]. [ca.1855]

Date
1855
By
Smales, John Bumby, 1841-1869
Ref
MapColl-832.14gbbd/[ca.1855]/Acc.23678
Description

Plan of Wesleyan Mission Station showing church, missionary house, cottage, store, kitchen building, large garden, lands, boathouse, the road to the church, stream, swamp, ditches, banks, fences, post and rail fence between station and the harbour.

Reference to fences is colour-coded indicating ditches, banks, sticks, and post and rail.

Established by Reverend Gideon Smales in 1844 and originally called Beechamdale. See: 'Some notes on the Wesleyan mission at Aotea' by C.G. Hunt, [1965]

Signed JBS.

Quantity: 1 manuscript map(s).

Physical Description: Ink and watercolour on paper, scale [ca.1:2 000], 39 x 30 cm on sheet 57 x 45 cm.

Transfers: From Manuscripts & Archives - MS Papers 1018.

Use/Reproduction
Photocopying not permitted
Access restrictions
No access restrictions
Format
1 manuscript map(s), Maps, Ink and watercolour on paper, scale [ca.1:2 000], 39 x 30 cm on sheet 57 x 45 cm.
See original record

Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.

Copyright

Unknown