Deed of Waitohi purchase 1850.
- Great Britain, author., Te One, Ropoama., Potaka, Hemi., Witikau., Te Retimana., Bell, F. Dillon (Francis Dillon), 1822-1898., Grey, George, 1812-1898., New Zealand. Department of Lands and Survey. issuing body.
- L & S 287.
- This image may be used, copied and re-distributed free of charge in any format or media. Where the image is redistributed to others the following acknowledgement note should be shown : 'Sourced from LINZ. Crown Copyright reserved.'
Archived by the National Library of New Zealand in TIFF.
Title supplied by cataloguer.
Document scanned at resolution of 600 dpi.
"This document has been reproduced in this form to commemorate the Department of Lands and Survey's Centennial on 1 May 1976."
Electronic reproduction of Land Information New Zealand original. Wellington, N.Z. : University of Auckland, 2014. Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source URL
http://natlib-primo.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com/NLNZ:NLNZ:NLNZ_ALMA11283149180002836 Archived copy available at the National Library of New Zealand
- Related to
- Digital Collection = Kohinga Matihiko 81268192800002836 Alma Collection
- Other Titles
- Text begins: This deed written this fourth day of March 1850: it is agreed by Ropoama, Hemi Potaka, Witikau, and Te Retimana, and the other Natives whose names are written to this deed on behalf of themselves and all the other people who own the land named below. It is agreed between all these Natives and Queen Victoria, Sovereign England, that whereas, as far back as the 30th day of December, 1848, it was declared by an agreement of Ropoama and the Natives of Waitohi, with the Governor and Mr. Bell, the Agent of the New Zealand Company, to sell to them Waitohi as a settlement for the Pakeha, and to give up the pa at Waitohi, the port, the cultivations, and all of the land at Waitohi
- [Wellington] : [Department of Lands and Survey], 1976.
- 1 online resource