Lodge, Nevile Sidney 1918-1989 :Just what is a draw worth anyway? Evening Post. 28 May 1982.
- Evening Post (Wellington, N.Z.); Lodge, Nevile Sidney, 1918-1989
Shows two scenes. In the upper scene soccer fans are congratulating an All Whites player for the draw against the Watford team. In the lower scene rugby supporters are complaining to a Wellington player that a draw in the game against the Wairarapa team doesn't auger well for Wellington to win the Ranfurly Shield. Refers to Wellington, who held the Ranfurly Shield, playing Wairarapa in Masterton, and the All Whites playing against Watford at Athletic Park before going to Spain to compete in the World Cup.
Quantity: 1 original cartoon(s).
Physical Description: Ink, white gouache, crayon and letratone, 450 x 310 mm.
- Copyright must be cleared before this image is reproduced. The Library may be able to help with an address.
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Curator required
- Part of
- Lodge, Nevile Sidney 1918-1989 :[Archive of original cartoons for the Evening Post and Sports Post, 1941 to 1988] / Lodge, Nevile Sidney 1918-1989 :[Cartoons for the Evening Post, 1982]
- 1 original cartoon(s), Works of art, Cartoons (Commentary), Ink, white gouache, crayon and letratone, 450 x 310 mm., Orientation: Horizontal image
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.