- Lodge, Nevile Sidney, 1918-1989; Evening Post (Wellington, N.Z.)
- This cartoon is related to Prime Minister Kirk's reported announcement the government will encourage painters, scuptors, craftsmen [sic], authors and performers. But the cartoonist is angry that there is no specific mention of cartoonists. The final scene has him going on strike and leaving a strike note on his easel rather than a cartoon. Label on verso dated Mon 5/3 Other Titles - Mr. Kirk says govt. will encourage N.Z. artists Other Titles - Kirk unfair to cartoonists! On strike until recognised! Extended Title - But - the P.M.'s statement at the Christchurch Arts Festival - contained one serious omission - and so we are adopting normal protest procedures. Quantity: 1 original cartoon(s). Physical Description: Ink, letratone and crayon, 320 x 394 mm
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- Part of
- Lodge, Nevile Sidney 1918-1989 :[Archive of original cartoons for the Evening Post and Sports Post, 1941 to 1988] / Lodge, Nevile Sidney 1918-1989 :[Cartoons for the Evening Post, 1973]
- 1 original cartoon(s), Works of art, Caricatures, Ink, letratone and crayon, 320 x 394 mm, Orientation: Horizontal image
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it: