- Scott, Thomas Joseph, 1947-; Evening Post (Wellington, N.Z.)
- Political cartoons. Shows a redneck's nightmare, ownership of the Whanganui River is given to Maori who loaded it onto the back of a truck and took it away. Comment on executive golden handshakes and reduntant workers having to sign up for the dole. Shows violent offenders at Paremoremo Prison selecting soft movies like 'The Sound of Music'. In the middle of a power blackout the family try and read the latest power bill, it's gone up. The effect on the opposition of Jonah Lomu being left on the reserve bench. Statue of Liberty calls for the poor and huddled masses but says 'no' to New Zealand lamb. Comment on New Zealand's response to America's tariffs on New Zealand lamb. The common man comments on Bill English upstaging Jenny Shipley at the National Party Conference. Maori MP calls for quotas in the public sector that will ensure employment for ethnic minorities. Hospital hygeine is called into doubt. A politician trys to sell the idea of deregulating the Dairy Industry. A woman comments to her husband that it's a good thing young men eventually grow out of wanting more sex. He wistfully agrees. Obituary for JFK Jr. 1960-1999 Comment on youth alcohol consumption. Auckland Hospital try to reassure the public all babies are born equally there but not necessarily treated equally after that. Comment on Christine rankin's over the top refurbishment of the dept of work and income. Celebration of three New Zealand triumphs. Mike Moore gets top job at WTO, the All Blacks beat the Australians and the Black Caps cricket team beat the English at Lords. Paul Holmes promotes his autobiography. F-16 fighter planes are promoted by an Air Force Officer. The lowering of the drinking age is debated in Parliament. Boys try to come to terms with the news that girls are better pupils than boys. Quantity: 21 cartoon bromide(s). Physical Description: B5 size bromides.
- Additional description
- Alternative form available: Photocopies held in Turnbull Library Pictures (red folder).
- Copyright must be cleared before this image is reproduced. The Library may be able to help with an address.
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Curator required
- 21 cartoon bromide(s), Works of art, Ink drawings, Cartoons (Commentary), Caricatures, B5 size bromides.
See original record
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.