Tremain, Garrick :Post match scenes from the All Blacks' dressing room. 'Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me an ear!' ...'P'haps you'll be able to paint like Van Gogh.' ... We found this ear on the Park, Mr Fitzpatrick ... Is it yours? 25 July 1994.
- Two strips, one with the All Blacks dressing after a game. Sean Fitzpatrick, minus an ear lost in a game at Athletic Park, is bemoaning his loss, while his fellow-players rib him. The second strip shows an official offering Fitzpatrick an ear. Fitzpatrick is unable to hear what is being said, and another All Black comments 'He can't hear ya mate .. you've got your thumb over the hole'. Refers to All Black Sean Fitzpatrick's having an ear bitten during a Rugby game against South Africa at Athletic Park, Wellington. There are also references to Van Gogh's cut off ear. Quantity: 1 cartoon bromide(s). Physical Description: Bromide of ink drawing
- Additional description
- Alternative form available: Photocopy in Turnbull Library Pictures
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- Part of
- Tremain, Garrick, 1941- :Cartoons published in the Otago Daily Times 2 July - 22 September 1994
- 1 cartoon bromide(s), Works of art, Bromide of ink drawing
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it: