Lodge, Nevile Sidney, 1918-1989 :The Wellington Chamber of Commerce has agreed on 'a battle plan' to press for action on the Wellington Airport complex issue. 1969.
- Lodge, Nevile Sidney, 1918-1989
In the first scene, soldiers in battle gear head up the pathway to Parliament. They wear hats with W.C.C. and C. of C. on them. One holds a flag with Rongotai-Paraparam or else, and one shouts, Down with the procrastinators! The next scene shows Keith Holyoake and others in military uniform, a map of the Wellington area on the wall with the cost-benefit strong point (Parliament) marked. Holyoake does a 'fight them on the beaches' speech, then a wounded soldier comes in saying the supply lines are cut and Bellamy's is out of beer.
Quantity: 1 original cartoon(s).
Physical Description: Ink, crayon and pencil, 318 x 387 mm
Finding Aids: Photocopies available in Pictorial Reference Service.
- Copyright: Please check copyright.
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- Part of
- Lodge, Nevile Sidney 1918-1989 :[Archive of original cartoons for the Evening Post and Sports Post, 1941 to 1988] / Lodge, Nevile Sidney 1918-1989 :[Cartoons for the Evening Post, 1969]
- 1 original cartoon(s), Works of art, Ink drawings, Cartoons (Commentary), Ink, crayon and pencil, 318 x 387 mm
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it: