Waite, Keith :Social Insecurity. Otago Daily Times, 26 August 1950.
- Waite, Keith, 1927-2014; Otago daily times (Newspaper)
Five ever-larger houses have been built on top of each other above a very small cottage labelled 'social security costs'. The top house, 'annual increases', is still being built. The occupiers seem unconcerned. A sign below reads 'Drive slowly. No sneezing' and passers-by are running for cover.
Extended Title - Annual social security costs are now over £45,000,000 - news.
Quantity: 1 b&w photo-mechanical print(s).
Physical Description: Newspaper clipping, 220 x 115 mm.
- Copyright: Please check copyright.
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- Part of
- [Various cartoonists including Sir Gordon Minhinnick 1902-1992] :[Newspaper clippings of cartoons from New Zealand newspapers. 15 December 1948 to 5 September 1972.] / [Various cartoonists] :[One folder of cartoon clippings from various New Zealand newspapers, 8 July - 29 December 1950.]
- 1 b&w photo-mechanical print(s), Works of art, Clippings, Cartoons (Commentary), Newspaper clipping, 220 x 115 mm., Orientation: Vertical image
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it:Waite, Keith, 1927-2014. Waite, Keith :Social Insecurity. Otago Daily Times, 26 August 1950.. [Various cartoonists including Sir Gordon Minhinnick 1902-1992] :[Newspaper clippings of cartoons from New Zealand newspapers. 15 December 1948 to 5 September 1972.]. Ref: E-549-q-02-020. Alexander Turnbull Library, Wellington, New Zealand. /records/22869928