Lodge, Nevile Sidney, 1918-1989 :What does E.E.C. mean to us. 4 May 1967.
- Lodge, Nevile Sidney, 1918-1989
Four examples featuring Jack Marshall in action show alternative meanings for EEC. The first shows him rushing up the steps of an Air New Zealand plane, saying, Must evade economic chaos! (Extraordinary Emergency Consultations) The second shows him talking to Harold Wilson, saying, We expect every consideration (Establish Equitable Compromise) The third shows him asking Wilson, exclusion of European competition? (Elimination of Economic Complications). The last shows him standing with a mountain of unsold lamb, butter and cheese, saying, Eek! (Embarrassing Excess of Commodities).
Quantity: 1 original cartoon(s).
Physical Description: Black and white ink, and pencil, 315 x 352 mm
Finding Aids: Photocopies available in Pictorial Reference Service.
- Copyright must be cleared before this is reproduced for publication. The Library may be able to help with an address.
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- Part of
- Lodge, Nevile Sidney 1918-1989 :[Archive of original cartoons for the Evening Post and Sports Post, 1941 to 1988] / Lodge, Nevile Sidney 1918-1989 :[Cartoons for the Evening Post, 1967]
- 1 original cartoon(s), Works of art, Ink drawings, Cartoons (Commentary), Black and white ink, and pencil, 315 x 352 mm
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it:Lodge, Nevile Sidney, 1918-1989. Lodge, Nevile Sidney, 1918-1989 :What does E.E.C. mean to us. 4 May 1967.. Lodge, Nevile Sidney 1918-1989 :[Archive of original cartoons for the Evening Post and Sports Post, 1941 to 1988]. Ref: B-133-611. Alexander Turnbull Library, Wellington, New Zealand. /records/22859012