Photograph of an early plough
- [ca 1939]
Photographs shows an early plough of unknown provenance photographed for use in the 'Making New Zealand' periodical. This plough was presented to the Old Colonists' Museum in Auckland in 1926 by Miss C Kemp of the former Kerikeri Mission House Station as 'the first plough used in New Zealand' by Reverend John Butler on 3 May 1820. Subsequently, the plough was found to bear an 'AS' mark as a product of the foundry of Alfred Sparke, Norwich, which was established circa 1836 to 1845.
Source of descriptive information - Library client identified this plough as not the plough used by Rev John Butler in 1820
Quantity: 1 b&w original photographic print(s).
Physical Description: Silver gelatin print
Provenance: Photograph from J Harris, Department of Agriculture, for the Department of Internal Affairs' publication 'Making New Zealand' (1939-1940).
- Copyright must be checked
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Digital content available only in Katherine Mansfield Reading Room
- Part of
- Making New Zealand :Negatives and prints from the Making New Zealand Centennial collection
- 1 b&w original photographic print(s), Photographs, Silver gelatin print
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.