A space for every kind of event
The Tiakiwai Conference Centre offers a variety of diverse, complimentary spaces. All spaces can be used separately or together in various combinations to suit your event needs.
Each space features:
- the latest AV technology, and
- dedicated equipment and furniture.
Auditorium (Taiwhanga Kauhau)
Rated as 'one of the best small auditoria in the Asia Pacific region' our state-of-the-art Auditorium features:
- unique, acoustic-enhancing design
- 170 seats with fold-out leaner tables
- the latest AV systems supporting pre-set and custom modes
- lectern with mic, confidence monitor, and AV user interface
- hearing induction loop and wheelchair seating
- AV control room
- configurable stage with dedicated furniture
- presenters’ preparation room with private stage access
- roving, lapel, and earset microphones
- digital signage
Seminar rooms — Thorndon and Pipitea
The Thorndon and Pipitea Rooms are situated opposite our Auditorium, and with a plate-up kitchen just around the corner.
Our seminar rooms can be used separately as small meeting rooms or can be combined to form a large space ideal for Auditorium overflow audiences, breakouts, or self-contained presentations, meetings, and workshops. Both rooms feature:
- ceiling-integrated speaker system
- lighting supporting various modes
- ceiling-mounted projector and motorised screen
- basic lectern
- wireless microphone with stand
The Tiakiwai Foyer provides direct access to event facilities on the lower ground floor, including the Auditorium, Seminar Rooms, and plate-up kitchen.
Although not a self-contained event space, the Tiakiwai Foyer can be used as a breakout space or to host Auditorium overflow audiences, and can be conveniently accessed via our Aitken Street entrance.
The Tiakiwai Foyer features:
- assorted soft seating
- a reception desk with coat-check, and
- a multi-screen display that supports digital signage and live-streaming from the Auditorium.
Programme Rooms — Te Wehenga and Malaga Pasifika Rooms
The Programme Rooms are conveniently connected to Te Ahumairangi Foyer, and are ideal for presentations, meetings, and workshops.
Much like our Seminar rooms they can be used separately or can be combined to form a large space, however only Te Wehenga has AV equipment.
Supported configurations and capacities
Choose from our wide range of contemporary and versatile spaces.
The capacity of our spaces is designed to ensure the safety of your attendees so pick a space that will suit the size of your event.
Ground floor — Te Ahumairangi
|Te Ahumairangi Foyer||208||180||80||250||120||-||80||-|
|Te Wehenga Room||63.3||40||36||40||-||18||-||18|
|Malaga Pasifika Room||50.9||40||36||40||-||18||-||18|
|Programme Room — Te Wehenga and Malaga Pasifika combined||114.2||80||60||80||54||30||36||30|
Lower Ground Floor — Tiakiwai
|Tiakiwai Seminar Room — Thorndon and Pipitea combined||120||80||60||80||60||35||36||35|
Get in touch with us about your event.Make an enquiry today
Feature image at top: Auditorium (Taiwhanga Kauhau) at the National Library.