National Library Wellington
Te Ahumairangi: 8.30am – 5pm
Reading Rooms: 10am – 5pm
Monday to Saturday
The Library is closed on public holidays
Corner Molesworth & Aitken St
0800 474 300
04 474 3000
- Monday 25 September: Antibiotic resistance: The end of modern medicine? (Wellington)
- Wednesday 27 September: Letters and the Landscape of our Lives: the pioneering women in the life of Sir John Hall
- Thursday 28 September: Sir John Hall – pioneer, politician and champion of the women’s suffrage movement
- Friday 29 September: Becoming humble
- Monday 2 October: He Tohu children’s guided experience and free art activities
- Monday 2 October: The e-Tangata storytellers
- Wednesday 4 October: Counting redcoats
- Thursday 5 October: This island is ours: Defending Dokdo/Reclaiming Takeshima
- Friday 6 October: Garage Project - The Art of Beer
- Tuesday 10 October: 'A democratic game'
- Wednesday 11 October: Make your own ephemera
- Thursday 12 October: Passchendaele's 'Good sons'
- Monday 16 October: Tai Chi Chuan demonstration and instruction
- Tuesday 17 October: ArchivesNZ's online collections
- Tuesday 17 October: Senior's week family history for beginners
- Wednesday 18 October: Reading Chinese
- Thursday 19 October: Seniors' week family history workshop
- Thursday 19 October: Six o'clock: Poets under the influence
- Friday 20 October: Chinese language and cultural competency
- Wednesday 25 October: Curator tour of Humble: The life of 100 small objects
- Thursday 26 October: Curator tour of Humble: The life of 100 small objects
- Thursday 2 November: Searching for voice, searching for reo
- Friday 10 November: Open the book: Literature at the heart of literacy — Wellington
- Friday 17 November: History unedited
Unfolding the map
Cartography in New Zealand.come on in
On now at the Turnbull Gallery, an exhibition exploring the treasured Ephemera collection.see what's on
What's in a name?
Find out more about the place names of Aotearoa.Haere mai
HOME – Cafe
Spend lunch or a break at HOME, the National Library’s cafe.get a coffee and a bite
We're open again!
The National Library’s Wellington building is open Monday to Saturday.
Some of our collections are unavailable while we make sure our collection areas are safe after the Kaikoura earthquake.See what's available
Research with the collections
Talk to one of our topic or format specialists, or our general research experts.
They're available on site, or you can ask your question right now though Ask a Librarian.start your research
Get to work and get creative, alone or in a group.
net.work is an open space for you to make what you want.see what you can do
Explore your heritage in a new way.
Find yourself, your place, and your past on the Lifelines table.get in touch with your past