National Library Wellington
Te Ahumairangi: 8.30am – 5pm
Reading Rooms: 10am – 5pm
Monday to Saturday
The Library is closed on public holidays
Corner Molesworth & Aitken St
0800 474 300
04 474 3000
- Thursday 27 July: Japan's territorial disputes: Policy success or failure?
- Friday 28 July: Kate sent me! Women voters in New Zealand
- Friday 28 July: Ki tua o te puhi rauwhero
- Tuesday 1 August: Cook Islands Language Week 2017
- Thursday 3 August: Women’s participation and representation in politics
- Friday 4 August: He wāhine aweawe: Māori women of influence
- Friday 11 August: Owning our dusky selves: Sex, skin, and women's business
- Saturday 12 August: Abstracting Oral History: Wellington
- Sunday 13 August: The politics of womanhood
- Tuesday 15 August: National Preservation Office Conservation Clinic
- Thursday 17 August: The history of equal pay in New Zealand
- Sunday 20 August: He Whakaputanga and the Treaty — and their signatories
- Saturday 26 August: Essentials of oral history day two: Wellington
- Thursday 31 August: The ethics of treaties
- Wednesday 6 September: Treaty of Waitangi Fellows
- Friday 8 September: Open the book: Literature at the heart of literacy — Wellington
- Tuesday 17 October: National Preservation Office Conservation Clinic
Unfolding the map
Cartography in New Zealand.come on in
On now at the Turnbull Gallery, an exhibition going beyond the 'dusky maiden'.see what's on
What's in a name?
Find out more about the place names of Aotearoa.Haere mai
HOME – Cafe
Spend lunch or a break at HOME, the National Library’s cafe.get a coffee and a bite
We're open again!
The National Library’s Wellington building is open Monday to Saturday.
Some of our collections are unavailable while we make sure our collection areas are safe after the Kaikoura earthquake.See what's available
Research with the collections
Talk to one of our topic or format specialists, or our general research experts.
They're available on site, or you can ask your question right now though Ask a Librarian.start your research
Get to work and get creative, alone or in a group.
net.work is an open space for you to make what you want.see what you can do
Explore your heritage in a new way.
Find yourself, your place, and your past on the Lifelines table.get in touch with your past