Use this set of curiosity cards to inspire inquiry and conversation about themes related to He Tohu and Tuia — Encounters 250 (Tuia 250).
He Tohu and Tuia 250
- He Tohu is a permanent exhibition of the 3 iconic documents that shaped Aotearoa New Zealand: He Whakaputanga, Treaty of Waitangi (Te Tiriti o Waitangi), Women's Suffrage Petition.
- Tuia 250 is a national commemoration marking 250 years since the first meetings between Māori and Europeans during James Cook and the Endeavour's 1769 voyage to Aotearoa New Zealand.
Introductory booklet about the He Tohu and Tuia Encounters 250 curiosity cards (pdf, 2.0MB)
About the project that created these cards
Use the cards
Explore the list of cards on this page. Click on a card to select and:
- view online images of the card (front and back) which can be displayed full screen
- access supporting information and other resources to help with teaching and learning
- download a printable PDF of the card.
The curiosity cards have a Crown copyright and are licensed CC BY-NC-SA 4.0. The image on each card has its own copyright and license. Refer to the original source stated on the cards or in the online captions if you want to reuse an image.