Find out about our online and face-to-face learning courses and events for library staff and teachers, including how they work, how to register, and our terms and conditions.
Who our online courses are for
Our online professional development (PD) courses are designed for New Zealand school library staff and teachers. We offer:
- introductory courses for new library staff
- general courses for new and experienced library staff
- courses for teachers, literacy leaders, school leadership teams, as well as library staff.
Why do an online course with Services to Schools
Our PD courses are a great way to develop your professional knowledge and practice. The courses are:
- learner-centred — with a focus on practical application of learning
- flexible — learn at school or at home, at a time of day that suits
- interactive — collaborate with other participants to build understanding
- guided — a trained facilitator will help you through the course
- an opportunity for self-reflective learning — record your thoughts in a learning journal, which you can use for your wider professional development and/or appraisal.
Our courses are available for 6 weeks from the start date, which includes:
- an 'orientation week' to get familiar with online learning and Moodle (the platform we deliver our courses on)
- 5 weeks of learning and doing problem-solving activities.
What you need to do
To get the most from one of our online courses, you need to:
- have access to a computer and fast broadband
- be prepared to regularly take part in the course — ideally an hour a day, every work day to complete online and offline activities
- register for the course and pay the registration fee of $100 (or $80 early bird)
- work through the Introduction to Moodle module — especially if this is your first time doing an online course
- read through the instructions you'll receive closer to the start of the course so that you can complete the orientation week
- complete all the course requirements to receive a course completion certificate.
How to register
Choose the professional development course you want to take and click the Register button (or link) to get to the online registration form. Registrations for a course close a few days before it starts.
View course details or register now
Terms and conditions
Read our policy on all aspects of our courses, including delivery, registration, course cancellation, copyright, and privacy:
Terms and conditions for online courses