23 July to 31 August / $100, early bird $80
Explore ideas and learn strategies for school summer reading initiatives to keep students reading for pleasure through the holidays to avoid a summer slide in reading levels.
Dates, fees, and registration
|Date||Monday 23 July to Friday 31 August 2018 (6 weeks)|
|Early bird closes||Friday 6 July|
|Registrations close||Friday 20 July|
Who this online course is for
This course is for primary/intermediate/secondary:
- school library staff
- school leaders and/or literacy leaders.
We encourage schools to register more than one person on our online courses to build a team approach to new initiatives.
Why take this course
This course will enable you to:
- identify elements of effective summer reading initiatives
- strengthen existing and plan new initiatives to support reading through the holidays
- support the whole-school community reading culture
- improve your professional practice by applying what you learn to your own school context.
- learn with the support of a trained, online facilitator.
What you'll learn
On this course you'll learn:
- about the key elements of effective summer reading partnerships
- how to take an evidence-based practice approach
- about successful initiatives in other schools and libraries.
What you'll do
- Use quality resources to develop your knowledge and understanding of summer reading.
- Learn from other course participants by sharing ideas and practice.
- Participate in problem-solving activities.
- Create an action plan for an initiative you can implement in your school.
- Reflect on your learning.
Register or find out more
Register for this course — space is limited, so book your spot now. Registrations close Friday 20 July.
For more information, email email@example.com