22 August / $40
BNZ Partners Centre, Esk Street, Invercargill
Learn ways to develop your school library space, services, and collections to promote reading for pleasure in your school. You'll explore 6 key factors that contribute to creating life-long readers and a reader-centred library. This workshop is the second in our Open the Book series, but you don't need to have attended the first workshop to learn from this one.
Dates, fees, and registration
|Date and time||Thursday 22 August 2019, 9:30am to 3:30pm|
|Registrations close||Thursday 15 August, 5pm|
Who this learning event is for
- Primary and intermediate library teams (librarians, library assistants).
- Primary school Teachers with Library Responsibility.
- Primary school literacy leaders.
What you'll learn
- Explore factors that are important to consider when developing your library space, services, and collections in order to promote reading for pleasure.
- Learn how to gather information about the readers in your school so your library can cater for a diverse readership.
- Discuss the important elements that help ensure your library is a reader-friendly place and offers reader-friendly services and collections.
- Understand readers' advisory, and the way in which you can actively promote and talk about books with students.
- Learn how to identify areas for development in your library to promote reading for pleasure.
What you'll do
- Explore and discuss strategies for gathering information about your students' reading preferences.
- Explore and discuss how your library space, collections, and access can engage and promote reading for pleasure.
- Discover ways in which you can actively promote books to students and explore readers' advisory.
- Share and discover strategies that can be implemented in the school library to support reading for pleasure.
- Reflect on your current library space, services, and collections to identify areas for development.
Morning tea and lunch are provided.
Register or find out more
Registrations for this event have closed.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org