12 August to 23 September / $100, early bird $80
Learn how to develop library services to support teaching and learning in your school, including using research, evidence, and feedback from your school community.
Dates, fees, and registration
|Date||Orientation week 12 to 18 August, 5 week course 19 August to 23 September 2019|
|Early-bird closes||26 July|
|Registrations close||9 August|
Who this online course is for
Primary, intermediate, or secondary school:
- new library staff
- new members of the library management team.
Why take this course
- Strengthen your role and understand its scope in a school library.
- Learn how library services support teaching and learning and help create a school-wide reading culture.
- Understand the importance of using evidence, knowledge of the community, and your school’s priorities to inform library services.
- Improve your professional practice by applying what you learn to your own school context.
- Learn with the support of a trained, online facilitator.
What you'll learn
On this course you'll learn:
- how to gather evidence, input, and feedback from teachers, students, and the community
- how to use this information and find other evidence to inform your library service development
- some tools for assessing library practices in your school
- how your school library can:
- help create a school-wide reading culture
- support the school’s strategic priorities.
What you'll do
- Use quality resources to develop your knowledge and understanding of school library services.
- Learn from other course participants by sharing ideas and practice.
- Participate in scenario-based, problem-solving activities.
- Create an action plan for an initiative you can implement to improve library services in your school.
- Reflect on your learning.
Register or find out more
Register for this course — space is limited, so book your spot now. Registrations close 5pm 9 August 2019.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our online professional learning and development has more about how our courses work, what you need to do, and our terms and conditions.