Registering and requesting
Most of the collections are kept safe in storage, but they can be retrieved at your request.
The process is different if you’re requesting published material (collections on the National Library catalogue) or unpublished (collections on Tiaki).
Registering to order published material
This includes books, journals, newspapers, and more.
- Start your registration online now
- Then come in to the Library, show us some photo ID, and you’ll be good to go
Registering to order unpublished material
This includes photographs, manuscripts, drawings, oral histories, and more.
- You’ll need a RealMe account – you can use an existing one, or create one from Tiaki
- From the Tiaki homepage click Login and follow the instructions to use your RealMe account or make a new one
- Click Continue to go to the Tiaki registration page
- Fill in the registration form and you’re done
To request an item click the Request Item option on the item’s record page. You’ll either see ‘Item added to the current request...’, or be able to send an enquiry to a curator about the item. You can request up to ten items at a time.
Submit your requests by clicking Current request, select the Date Required and press Submit.
Ordering items for delivery
Collection items are brought to the Reading Rooms throughout the day.
General Reading Room deliveries
|If you order an item||It will be delivered at|
|From 10am||Approximately 30 minutes from the time ordered|
|After 4.30pm||10.00am the following day|
Katherine Mansfield Reading Room deliveries
Please note that the deadline for ordering is 90 minutes before the next delivery.
|If you order by||Your item will be delivered at|
|After 3pm||10.00am the following day|
Items from the following collections will be supplied at times advised by staff at the time of ordering:
- Drawings, paintings, and prints
- Oral history
- Rare books and fine printing