Visions of the Pacific : highlights from Maire Nui 6th Festival of Pacific Arts.
- Reid, Dorice., Cook Islands. Ministry of Cultural Development., Festival of Pacific Arts (6th : 1992 : Rarotonga, Cook Islands)
Cook Islands (Maire Nui drums) -- Fiji : Fijian song of welcome -- Papua New Guinea : drums of Papua New Guinea -- Aotearoa/New Zealand: Wahine toa : modern Māori action song, tribute to Dame Te Arikinui, Dame Te Ataiirangikaahu / Ngapo and Timia Wehi -- Niue: Traditional chanting song -- New Caledonia: Drum sequence -- Hawaii (R. Fong, soloist) -- Australia: Trad. rope dance/song -- Australia: Part of an Aboriginal corroboree with dijeridoo -- Wallis and Futuna: Song and dance, Tapaki -- Western Samoa: Trad. men's slap-dance -- Western Samoa: Le manu tangi e (Jerome Gray) -- Aotearoa/New Zealand: Karanga ; Haka -- Hawaii: E tai roimata / J. Jonassen ; Ngapuariki -- Tonga: Milolua -- Guam: Excerpt from wedding ceremony -- French Polynesia, Tahiti: Drum sequence -- French Polynesia, Tahiti: Tiare Apetai -- Tokelau: Hemoana -- Papua New Guinea: Papua New Guinea hei hei! -- Fiji, Rotuma: Trad. song about voyaging ancestors -- Cook Islands: Avaiki e / T. Samuel.
Preservation copy archived by the National Library of New Zealand in WAV.
Compilation of folk music from various Pacific islands, including many drumming groups.
Produced by Dorice Reid.
Recorded by Te Reo o Aotearoa (Māori and Pacific Islands Programmes Unit) of Radio New Zealand at various Festival venues; John Jones & Bruce Duske, recording engineers.
Electronic reproduction of sound cassette. Wellington, N.Z. : National Library of New Zealand, 2022
- Source URL
https://natlib-primo.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com/primo-explore/fulldisplay?docid=NLNZ_ALMA11378586340002836&context=L&vid=NLNZ&search_scope=NLNZ&tab=catalogue&lang=en_US Archived copy available within National Library of New Zealand only
- Other Versions
- Physical version: Visions of the Pacific
- Related to
- Digital Collection = Kohinga Matihiko 81268192800002836 Alma Collection
- Other Titles
- Highlights from the 6th Festival of Pacific Arts; At head of cover title: Orama a te Moana Nui o Kiva
- [Wellington, N.Z. : Radio New Zealand] ; Rarotonga, Cook Islands : Distributed by Ministry of Cultural Development, .
- 1 online resource (audio files)
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.