Dixon Street Flats (Wellington, N.Z.)
The Dixon Street Flats in central Wellington were completed in 1944 as part of the first Labour Government's state housing programme. Designed by Gordon Wilson, the chief architect of the Department of Housing Construction, they are considered to be the archetype of Modernist apartment blocks in New Zealand. A gold medal was awarded for the building design in 1947 by the New Zealand Institute of Architects.
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.