Fort Britomart (Auckland, N.Z.)

Description

Built as an army barracks on Point Britomart, which was the site of an old pā, Te Rerenga-oraiti ('the leap of the survivors') in 1840. The fort closed in the 1870s and the barracks were shifted to Albert Barracks. Later Point Britomart was demolished and used as fill for waterfront reclamations.

See original record

Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.