Portrait of Ihakara Tukumaru
- [ca 1870s-1881], [ca 1910-1925]
Framed portrait of Ihakara Tukumaru, rangatira of Ngāti Ngarongo, painted on a photographic base. He wears a kākahu and two huia feathers in his hair. Photograph taken circa 1870s to 1881 by an unknown photographer. Painting likely done circa 1910 to 1925 by an unidentified artist.
Title supplied by Library.
This same photograph, without hand-colouring, is at PA1-o-423-10-1.
Quantity: 1 b&w original photographic print(s) hand-coloured.
Physical Description: Painted photographic print in gold-painted moulded frame, 74 x 58 cm.
- The Library administers the use of this collection for non-commercial use. Where a request is made for commercial use, permission must first be obtained from the donor. Copyright: No known copyright.
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- Part of
- Wheeler, Polly, active 2016-2017: Framed photographs relating to the McMillan family of Kōputaroa
- 1 b&w original photographic print(s) hand-coloured, Portraits, Photographs, Painted photographic print in gold-painted moulded frame, 74 x 58 cm., Orientation: Vertical image.
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it:Portrait of Ihakara Tukumaru. Wheeler, Polly, active 2016-2017: Framed photographs relating to the McMillan family of Kōputaroa. Ref: PA9-126. Alexander Turnbull Library, Wellington, New Zealand. /records/42624544