Te Poho o Tāmanuhiri (Muriwai, N.Z.)

The whare nui at Muriwai Marae (Ngāi Tāmanuhiri). It was moved from Rō Pā (The Pā) to it’s present site in Muriwai (south of Gisborne) in 1916. The whare has carvings on the exterior, and has a painted interior.

There are 2 related items to this topic
Date: 1960-[1970s?] From: Orbell, Margaret Rose, 1934-2006: Collection Ref: PA12-12075 Description: Transparency slides showing Māori whare whakairo (carved houses), including details of carvings and paintings inside the whare. Named whare include Te Mana o...
Date: 1960-[1970s?] From: Orbell, Margaret Rose, 1934-2006: Collection Ref: PA12-12075 Description: Transparency slides showing Māori whare whakairo (carved houses), including details of carvings and paintings inside the whare. Named whare include Te Mana o...
Meeting house interior at Muriwai, Gisborne
Date: [ca 1910?] Ref: 1/2-051480-G Description: Meeting house interior at Muriwai, Gisborne, showing kowhaiwhai (Maori rafter panels). Date of photograph and photographer unknown. Possibly taken circa 19...
Meeting house interior at Muriwai, Gisborne
Date: [ca 1910?] Ref: 1/2-051480-G Description: Meeting house interior at Muriwai, Gisborne, showing kowhaiwhai (Maori rafter panels). Date of photograph and photographer unknown. Possibly taken circa 19...