- [ca 1930s-1940s]
- Nordmeyer, Arnold Henry (Sir), 1901-1989
Folder of typescript manuscripts, correspondence, newspaper clippings, and printed matter from the period circa 1930s-1940s.
Includes letters to the editor by Meikle from 1946, including typescript copies and newspaper clippings of published version, many published under pseudonyms. Other letters on 'Otago Expansion League' letterhead, by the secretary William B Steel, from 1937. Article by Meikle in 'The New Zealand Railways Magazine' with the heading "Unique Model Railway", dated 1 May 1937. YMCA correspondence from 1946, including letter from R M Brasted to Meikle, dated 25 June 1946.
Also include blank sheet of printed letterhead paper "Y.M.C.A. Jacksons Bay South Westland John E. Meikle, Secretary", with photographic illustrations incorporated in letterhead design.
Other material includes:
- correspondence includes letters from and drafts to Arnold Henry Nordmeyer, Minister of Health, in 1946.
- share certificate for New Zealand Labour Newspapers Limited, dated 1 September 1947.
- newspaper clippings and and typescript material relating to YMCA during the war and especially services rendered to support military personnel in Italy and Egypt; "N. Z. E. Sergeants Get-Together Menu San Severino Marche 15th Nov. 1944", includes list of names of both engineers and guests.
- Programmes relating to Lowry Hut, operated by YMCA in Italy.
Quantity: 1 folder(s).
Physical Description: Manuscripts, holographs and typescripts, correspondence, newspaper clippings, and printed matter.
- Access restrictions
- No access restrictions
- Part of
- Meikle, John Edward, 1914-1994: Papers and photographs
- 1 folder(s), Personal correspondence, Ephemera, Clippings, Manuscripts, Typescripts, Manuscripts, holographs and typescripts, correspondence, newspaper clippings, and printed matter.
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.