Tūkorehe (Kuku, N.Z.)

Tūkorehe is a whare at Tūkorehe Marae, at Kuku, south of Levin. It belongs to Ngāti Tūkorehe, from Ngāti Raukawa ki te Tonga and was opened in 1894.

There are 4 related items to this topic
Carved support pole (pou tokomanawa) from the meeting house Tukorehe
Date: 21 November 1939 From: Adkin, George Leslie, 1888-1964 :Photographs of New Zealand geology, geography, and the Maori history of Horowhenua Ref: PA1-f-005-470 Description: Carved interior support pole (pou tokomanawa) in the meeting house, Tukorehe, at Kuku near Ohau, Kapiti Coast, New Zealand. Photographed by George Leslie Ad...
Tukorehe meeting house at Kuku
Date: [ca 1910] From: Shaw, G W :Photographs of and relating to the Wilson family ex Eketahuna Ref: PA1-q-269-14-2 Description: Tukorehe meeting house, and Maori group, at Kuku, circa 1910. Photographer unidentified. Quantity: 1 b&w original photographic print(s).
Date: Circa 1935 to 1950 From: Adkin, George Leslie, 1888-1964 :Photographs of New Zealand geology, geography, and the Maori history of Horowhenua Ref: PA1-f-005 Description: Maori place names and old historical sites of Horowhenua (Vol 3), images 335-535. Includes hand-drawn maps of the Horowhenua region including some which show...
Date: Early 1900s to 1931 From: Adkin, George Leslie, 1888-1964 :Photographs of New Zealand geology, geography, and the Maori history of Horowhenua Ref: PA1-q-002 Description: Maori place names and old historical sites of Horowhenua (Vol. 1, images 1-146). Album includes maps, diagrams & sketches, and black & white photographs. V...