Te Ikaroa a Māui (Waitara, N.Z.)

Whare at Ōwae Marae (Manukorihi Pa). Opened 27 June 1936 as a memorial to Sir Maui Pomare.

There are 7 related items to this topic
Te Ikaroa a Maui meeting house, Owae Marae, Waitara
Date: after June 1936 From: Original photographic prints and postcards from file print collection, Box 13 Ref: PAColl-6407-22 Description: Te Ikaroa a Maui meeting house, Owae Marae, Waitara, and an unidentified group, photographed after the completion of the house circa June 1936. Photographer ...
Date: 1973-1979 From: Keyes, Ian Warwick, 1938-2004 :Sites of Maori settlement, Maori artifacts, and marae Ref: PA12-6851 Description: Painted canoe hull, Virginia Lake, Wanganui, a memorial to Puna McGregor. Owae Whitara Marae and Te Ikaroa a Maui meeting house, Waitara, Taranaki. Maui Po...
Date: 10 Mar 1949 From: Tourist and Publicity By: Christensen, Edward Percival, 1907-1982 Ref: 1/2-040066-F Description: Group listening to the welcome speech for Sir Peter and Lady Buck at Te Ikaroa a Maui meeting house, Ōwae Marae, Manukorihi Pā, Waitara, 10th March, 1949. F...
Te Ikaroa a Maui meeting house, Owae Marae, Waitara
Date: [ca 1936] From: Webb, Steffano, 1880-1967: Collection of negatives Ref: 1/1-009134-F Description: Te Ikaroa a Maui meeting house, Owae Marae, Manukorihi Pā, Waitara. Hera Retimana, a weaver from Waitara, stands at the gate to the marae. Photograph taken b...
Date: 10 Mar 1949 From: Tourist and Publicity By: Christensen, Edward Percival, 1907-1982 Ref: 1/2-040076-F Description: Peter Buck replying to addresses of welcome given in his honour, at Te Ikaroa a Maui meeting house, Ōwae Marae, Manukorihi Pā, Waitara, 10th March, 1949. Ph...
Interior of Te Ikaroa a Maui meeting house, Owae Marae, Manukorihi Pa, Waitara
Date: [194-?] From: Houston, John, 1891-1962 : Papers Ref: 1/2-C-025177-F Description: Quantity: 1 b&w copy negative(s). Physical Description: Film negative
Date: 4th May 1946 By: Ramsden, George Eric Oakes, 1898-1962 Ref: PA1-f-136 Description: Album showing the dedication ceremony for the Taranaki Mobile X-Ray Unit on Saturday 4th May, 1946, at Manukorihi Pā. This was the first unit of its kind in ...