Duke of Connaught inspects the Victors of Messines; men of a New Zealand Field Ambulance Brigade outside the mess room; New Zealand soldiers engaged in forestry work outside their shantys; judging best pair of mules at the New Zealand Division horse show
- 26 Jun 1917 - 17 Jul 1917
Photograph of four photographic prints depicting World War I scenes. Comprises:
- The Duke of Connaught, accompanied by General Godley, passing down the line of New Zealanders at a troop inspection in the Market Square, Bailleul, northern France. Photograph taken 26 June 1917 by Henry Armytage Sanders.
- View of soldiers from a NZ Field Ambulance Brigade waiting for dinner outside the mess room, France. Photograph taken 1917 by Henry Armytage Sanders.
- Close up view of soldiers engaged in forestry work outside a timber shanty used for accommodation. A small dog is also present. Photograph taken 17 July 1917 by Henry Armytage Sanders.
- Soldiers mounted on mules lined up in front of the judges at the Division horse show. Photograph taken 1917 by Henry Armytage Sanders.
An original print from this negative is in album PA1-f-091
Quantity: 1 b&w copy negative(s).
Physical Description: Dry plate glass negative 4 x 5 inches
- No known copyright restrictions. To the best of the Alexander Turnbull Library's knowledge, under New Zealand law: there is no copyright or other intellectual property rights in this item in New Zealand; and it may be copied and otherwise re-used in New Zealand without copyright or other intellectual property right related restriction. However the Alexander Turnbull Library requests that the images are used and re-used in a manner that respects their status as documentary heritage and taonga. Alexander Turnbull Library will not be liable to you, on any legal basis (including negligence), for any loss or damage you suffer through your use of this material, except in those cases where the law does not allow us to exclude or limit our liability to you.
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- Part of
- Royal New Zealand Returned and Services' Association :New Zealand official negatives, World War 1914-1918 / H Series negatives
- 1 b&w copy negative(s), Glass negatives, Dry plate glass negative 4 x 5 inches, Orientation: Horizontal image
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it:Duke of Connaught inspects the Victors of Messines; men of a New Zealand Field Ambulance Brigade outside the mess room; New Zealand soldiers engaged in forestry work outside their shantys; judging best pair of mules at the New Zealand Division horse show. Royal New Zealand Returned and Services' Association :New Zealand official negatives, World War 1914-1918. Ref: 1/1-002027-G. Alexander Turnbull Library, Wellington, New Zealand. /records/37376335