Ōwae marae (also known as Manukorihi Pā) is located in Waitara. Its prinicipal hapū are Ngāti Te Whiti, Ngāti Rāhiri and Manukorihi of Te Atiawa iwi.
The first whare on site was opened in 1887 and named Te Whai-tara-nui-a-Ngārue. Additional houses are Tamatāne (opened in 1932) and Te Ikaroa-a-Māui (opened in 1936). The wharekai, opened in 1921, is named Tamawahine.
The marae is on the site of the historic Manukorihi pā.