- October 1962
Scenes from the Coronation hui at Turangawaewae Marae, Ngaruawahia, taken in 1962 by Ans Westra. Unless otherwise stated all persons are unidentified.
Images consist of:
- Frame one was taken at a dawn service at King Koroki's residence. It shows a woman with an infant on her back.
- Frame two shows King Koroki's flag flying.
- Kuia greeting each other with a hongi.
- A kuia sitting outside.
- Women, including kuia, sitting outside with a child.
Source of descriptive information - Notes written by Westra and filed with proof sheets
Westra has written on the proof sheet, regarding the first frame taken at King Koroki's residence, "I was allowed no further photograph".
Quantity: 4 b&w original negative(s) 120 strips containing 12 images.
Physical Description: Cellulose acetate roll film
Processing information: Digitisation details - Original negatives digitised by Suite Tirohanga.
- All requests for copies, use and reproduction, must be sent to Ans Westra's agent Suite Tirohanga at email@example.com and 04 976 7663. Copyright: Copyright held by Ans Westra
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- 4 b&w original negative(s) 120 strips containing 12 images, Negatives, Cellulose acetate roll film
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You cannot copy this item except for the purpose of 'fair dealing' under the NZ Copyright Act. It cannot be used commercially without permissionAnnual Coronation hui, Turangawaewae Marae, Ngaruawahia. Ref: AWM-0198-F. Alexander Turnbull Library, Wellington, New Zealand. /records/35961807