- 27 Nov 2002 to 09 July 2008 - 27 Nov 2002 - 09 Jul 2008
- Museum of Transport and Technology; Adams, Avon, active 2003; Annan, David, active 2006; Deane, Rosemary, active 1998-2005; Grenville, Bruce Ronald, 1950-; Hutching, Megan Alannah, 1957-; Linauskas, Karen, active 2005; Mai, Bruce, active 2004; Munns, Roger, active 2003-2005; Rayner, William, active 2004; Reid, Madelaine, active 2006; Robertson, Elayne Gladys, 1935-; Robertson, Ian, active 1995-2005; Rudge, Allan, active 2000s; Wishart, Megan Louise, 1966-
Interviews with volunteers at the Museum of Transport & Technology (MOTAT) which includes information about the history of MOTAT, discussing the work the volunteers undertake within the different sections of MOTAT, such as trams, aircraft, railway, book press and book binding and general information about aeronautics, aviation engineering, salvaging, rebuilding and restoring aircraft, various types of transport and machinery. The interviewees are Phil Andrews, George Bath, Oriel Bickerton, Eric Burns, Eric Culpitt, Alan Curtis, James Dickey, Max Fisher, Carl Harding, John Hogan, Harry Hubbert, Doug Kingett, Bert Lynn, Norm McKelvey, Robert (Bob) Mann, Dave Martin, Neville Mines, Ian Mison, Nola Morgan, William (Bill) Mullan, Geoffrey Rodliffe, John Sansom, Bill Shears, Roger Stanton, Ian Stewart, Keith Stewart, Harold Stone, Alan Vause, Henry Whale and John Wolf.
The interviews with Jim Dickey, Norman McKelvey, Neville Mines and Alan Vause also have a subject relationship to the Aviation memories oral history project.
Abstracted by - Megan Hutching, Madelaine Reid and Elayne Robertson
Interviewer(s) - Avon Adams, David Annan, Rosemary Deane, Bruce Grenville, Megan Hutching, Karen Linauskas, Bruce Mai, Roger Munns, Bill Rayner, Madelaine Reid, Elayne Robertson, Ian Robertson, Allan Rudge, Megan Wishart
Arrangement: Digital files arranged as OHDL-000435 - OHDL-000454
Tape numbers - OHC-016563 to OHC-016575, OHC-018300-OHC-018301, OHC-019562 - OHC-019564, OHC-019899 - OHC-019938
Quantity: 61 C60 cassette(s). 30 printed abstract(s). 21 Electronic document(s) - abstracts. 30 interview(s).
Finding Aids: Abstract Available - abstracting complete no abstracts for Bert Lynn and Eric Culpitt.
Provenance: Donor/Lender/Vendor - Donated by MOTAT, Auckland, 2006-2009
Processing information: Interviews not yet described: Bert Lynn (OHC-019562); Eric Culpitt (OHC-019563, OHC-019564)
- Additional description
Original recordings not available for playback. Surrogate copies will be provided.
Alternative form available: Copies of the interviews are held at MOTAT
- Public use may require the written permission of the copyright holder Copyright: Copyright is held by MOTAT
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted material
- 61 C60 cassette(s), 30 printed abstract(s), 21 Electronic document(s) - abstracts, 30 interview(s), Oral histories, Electronic records (Digital records), Electronic documents
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.