- 7 August 1993 - 07 Aug 1993
- Marr, Janet Lillian, 1953-
Janet Marr born Wanganui. Talks about: negative and positive aspects of childhood; Palmerston North Teachers' Training College; marriage to a soldier and time spent in Singapore. Describes rehabilitation loan available to soldiers on leaving the Services and buying a house at Athenree, Waihi. Discusses child sex abuse and involvement with Victim Support and helping to set up Citizens' Advice Bureau.
Gives her opinion on mining in Waihi and describes her involvement in all the Tribunal Hearings and wading through enormous boxes of Environmental Impact Reports.
Access Contact - see oral history librarian
Venue - Waihi
Other - limited biographical information available
Interviewer(s) - Rose MacBeth
Venue - Waihi
Arrangement: Tape numbers - OHC-005868; OHV-0278F
Quantity: 1 C90 cassette(s). 1 videocassette(s). 1 transcript(s). 90 Minutes Duration.
Finding Aids: Abstract Available - transcript(s) available AB-1275.
- Additional description
Original recordings not available for playback. Surrogate copies will be provided.
- Public use requires the written permission of the Curator, Oral History Centre Copyright: Copyright held by the Alexander Turnbull Library
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted material
- 1 C90 cassette(s), 1 videocassette(s), 1 transcript(s), 90 Minutes Duration, Oral histories, VHS
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.