- 1901, 1909-1910, 1914-1915
- Horgan, Lynn, active 2006New Zealand. Immigration Amendment Act 1908
- Eight Certificates of Registration issued under the Chinese Immigrants Act 1881, the Immigration Restriction Act 1899, and the Immigration Amendment Act 1908, for Yee Fue, Yee Foo, Yee Bow Goon, Sam Young, Ah Hoo, Pin Wah, Lily Khouri, and Wong Chow. Includes identity information such as physical description, fingerprints and photographs. The certificates state whether those resident 'alien friend' immigrants departing New Zealand had to pay tax or take a reading test on re-entry as specified under the Act, on condition that the certificate holder returns within the designated time period. Certificates of Registration were issued by the Collector of Customs to resident immigrants who departed from New Zealand on a temporary basis. Presentation of a certificate confirming identity would allow re-entry to New Zealand. Source of title - Supplied by Library Quantity: 2 folder(s). 0.02 Linear Metres. Physical Description: Mss, printed matter, photos Transfers: To Photographic Archive - Photograph of unidentified Chinese (at PAColl-8363). Photographs attached by seal to the registration forms
- Additional description
- Handling caution advised due to fragile nature of friable 'crackling' sealing wax on certificates
- Access restrictions
- No access restrictions
- 2 folder(s), 0.02 Linear Metres, Certificates, Photographs, Manuscripts, Mss, printed matter, photos, Illustration: Photographs attached by seal to the registration forms
See original record
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Date:  From: Horgan, Lynn, fl 2006-2014: Registration certificates Description: Physical Description: 1 certificate of registration and 1 photograph in cardboard frame
Date: Nov 1901, 1909-1910 By: Sorrell, William Edward, active 1890s-1900s; Wrigglesworth and Binns (Firm); Hughes, Frederick Boulton, 1868-1944 Description: Folder comprises four Certificates of Registration for re-entering resident 'alien' immigrants into New Zealand. These certificates were issued under the Chi...