Alexander, John Hood, 1916-1975 :1. The old kitchen, Melanesian Mission, Mission Bay. 2. The Deanery, St Stephen's Ave, Parnell. [1950s]
- 1857 - 1950 - 1859 - 1959
- Thatcher, Frederick (Rev), 1814-1890
Above, an interior view of the kitchen at the Melanesian Mission, in a ruinous state. Below, an exterior view of the old Deanery, situated in St Stephen's Avenue, Parnell
According to a letter from Miss Mary Atkin in 1931, 'the dark space on the left of the Mission Chimney held a boiler for washing clothes etc. - that on the right held an oven for baking bread' (Sir George Grey Special Collections, Auckland Libraries, 4-341)
Extended Title - In: Alexander, John H: Historic Auckland (Whitcombe & Tombs Limited, 1961) p. and [24
Inscriptions: Recto - top right - No.A15; Recto - bottom right - No.A16
Quantity: 2 drawing(s).
Physical Description: Ink and wash on page 385 x 260 mm
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Curator required
- Part of
- Alexander, John Hood, 1916-1975 :[Twenty drawings, including of historic houses, churches, Mangapohatu, Waimate North, the first Bank of New Zealand in Auckland, and Auckland Public Library 1880. 1950s-1960s]
- 2 drawing(s), Works of art, Wash drawings, Ink and wash on page 385 x 260 mm, Orientation: Vertical image
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.