New Zealand Alliance for the Abolition of the Liquor Traffic :A true patriot; A false patriot. N.Z. Alliance, Lankshear's Limited 40951 [Card. ca 1915]
- Lankshear Printing Company Ltd
- Recto shows a pledge to abstain for all intoxicants for the duration of "this time of National Peril", beneath the British and New Zealand flags, crossed. The verso contains a poem by Owen Seaman, "The false patriot", about a man who persuades a soldier to get drunk, resulting in his incarceration and shame. Dated around 1915, because of newspaper reports of soldiers at that time pledging to abstain from all intoxicants (eg see Northern Advocate , 1 April 1915, Page 5) Quantity: 1 colour photo-mechanical print(s). Physical Description: Relief print, letterpress on both sides of card 114 x 78 mm
- Additional description
- Alternative form available: Scanned from original
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- 1 colour photo-mechanical print(s), Ephemera, Letterpress works, Cards, Relief print, letterpress on both sides of card 114 x 78 mm, Orientation: Vertical image
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it: