Evans, Malcolm Paul, 1945- :'Maori River Power'. 6 September 2012

Evans, Malcolm Paul, 1945- :'Maori River Power'. 6 September 2012
Date
2012
By
Press (Christchurch, N.Z.)
Ref
DCDL-0022828
Description

Shows the enormous dam on one of Mighty River Power's rivers. A workman has just painted out the word 'Mighty' and replaced it with 'Maori' on a large sign nearby. Context: In December 2011, the National government announced that it plans reduce its shareholding of Mighty River Power as well as three other state-owned energy companies from 100 percent to 51 percent and sell off the remaining 49 percent as part of its controversial "mixed-ownership model" plan. The sale has been halted in its tracks because the Maori Council has taken the issue of water rights to the Waitangi Tribunal.

Colour and black and white versions available

Quantity: 2 digital cartoon(s).

Use/Reproduction
Please check copyright
Access restrictions
No access restrictions
Format
2 digital cartoon(s), Works of art, Digital images, Cartoons (Commentary)
See original record

Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.

Usage

Purchasing this Item

This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.

If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.

Using this Item

You cannot copy this item except for the purpose of 'fair dealing' under the NZ Copyright Act. It cannot be used commercially without permission

If reproducing this item, it is helpful to include the following credit:

Press (Christchurch, N.Z.). Evans, Malcolm Paul, 1945- :'Maori River Power'. 6 September 2012. Ref: DCDL-0022828. Alexander Turnbull Library, Wellington, New Zealand. /records/31982302

More information can be found in our terms of use.

Copyright

All Rights Reserved