- Evening Post (Wellington, N.Z.); Lodge, Nevile Sidney, 1918-1989
The scene is the Minister of Transport's desk. Colin McLaughlin is asleep with his feet up on the desk. A 'do not disturb' sign hangs on the desk and he has been asleep for so long that cobwebs have formed on him. The tray on his desk is labelled 'pending' and 'for govt. consideration (some time)'. In the tray sits the '1979 Scott report recommending W'gton airport runway extension'.
Extended Title - Coming to Wellington to discuss closer ties between Australia and New Zealand, the Australian P.M. had to land at Christchurch as the Wellington Airport runway is too short for Mr. Fraser's 707 aircraft
Quantity: 1 original cartoon(s).
Physical Description: Ink, letratone, white gouache and crayon, 445 x 320 mm
Finding Aids: Photocopies available in Pictorial Reference Service.
- Copyright must be cleared before this is reproduced for publication. The Library may be able to help with an address.
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Curator required
- Part of
- Lodge, Nevile Sidney 1918-1989 :[Archive of original cartoons for the Evening Post and Sports Post, 1941 to 1988] / Lodge, Nevile Sidney 1918-1989 :[Cartoons for the Evening Post, 1979]
- 1 original cartoon(s), Works of art, Cartoons (Commentary), Ink, letratone, white gouache and crayon, 445 x 320 mm, Orientation: Horizontal image
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.