Lodge, Nevile Sidney, 1918-1989 :It has been pointed out by certain astute and discerning readers that last week's cartoon - was not quite on the ball - We in turn, would like to point out - that football is like the weather - No, we don't mean all wet - We mean pretty unpredictable - However, right now the country abounds with experts who know all about our rugby, so if any of them would like to step up BEFORE the next test - we'll be happy to draw according to their precise forecast. 1962
- Evening Post (Wellington, N.Z.); Lodge, Nevile Sidney, 1918-1989
- The cartoonists invite critics of his wrong prediction about the results of the second test to come and give him a 'precise' prediction so that he can draw according to that. Refers to the test matches against Australia in 1962. Quantity: 1 original cartoon(s). Physical Description: Ink, letratone and crayon on card, 380 x 280mm Finding Aids: Photocopies available in Pictorial Reference Service.
- Copyright must be cleared before this is reproduced for publication. The Library may be able to help with an address.
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Curator required
- Part of
- Lodge, Nevile Sidney 1918-1989 :[Archive of original cartoons for the Evening Post and Sports Post, 1941 to 1988] / Lodge, Nevile Sidney 1918-1989 :[Cartoons for the Evening Post, 1962]
- 1 original cartoon(s), Works of art, Cartoons (Commentary), Ink, letratone and crayon on card, 380 x 280mm
See original record
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.