Lodge, Nevile Sidney, 1918-1989:'Election year normally brings a rush for citizenship applications in New Zealand by people wanting to vote, said the Secretary for Internal Affairs (Mr P. O'Dea).'1972
- Lodge, Nevile Sidney, 1918-1989; Evening Post (Wellington, N.Z.)
The cartoon shows three scenes related to the privileges and duties of citizenship. An inserted newspaper clipping quotes the Secretary of Internal Affairs as saying that election year usually brings a rush of citizenship applications. The top right scene shows some men and women rushing to the 'Join N.Z.' recruitment office. The lower left scene shows a man and a woman smuggly putting their votes in a ballot bax and the lower right scene shows a group of men and women angry and with fists raised complaining about the responsibilities of citizenship such as taxation and controls.e
Extended Title - It's not surprising that many non-citizens - should seek the right - to share the privileges - and fredom enjoyed by all true New Zealanders.
Quantity: 1 original cartoon(s).
Physical Description: Ink, letratone, newspaper clipping and crayon, 318 x 398 mm
Provenance: Donation: .
- Copyright must be cleared before this is reproduced for publication. The Library may be able to help with an address.
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- Part of
- Lodge, Nevile Sidney 1918-1989 :[Archive of original cartoons for the Evening Post and Sports Post, 1941 to 1988] / Lodge, Nevile Sidney 1918-1989 :[Cartoons for the Evening Post, 1972]
- 1 original cartoon(s), Works of art, Ink drawings, Cartoons (Commentary), Ink, letratone, newspaper clipping and crayon, 318 x 398 mm, Orientation: Horizontal image
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it:Lodge, Nevile Sidney, 1918-1989. Lodge, Nevile Sidney, 1918-1989:'Election year normally brings a rush for citizenship applications in New Zealand by people wanting to vote, said the Secretary for Internal Affairs (Mr P. O'Dea).'1972. Lodge, Nevile Sidney 1918-1989 :[Archive of original cartoons for the Evening Post and Sports Post, 1941 to 1988]. Ref: B-134-233. Alexander Turnbull Library, Wellington, New Zealand. /records/23237141