Lodge, Nevile Sidney, 1918-1989 :"I simply went out and bought a few more - Now I have one for every sticker in the week". Evening Post. 8 March 1979.
- Lodge, Nevile Sidney, 1918-1989; Evening Post (Wellington, N.Z.)
Shows two men standing near a garage. There are seven Rolls Royces lined up in the garage and one of the men is boasting that he now has one car for every sticker in the week. Refers to the oil crisis around 1980 and the Government's introduction of 'Carless days' to reduce petrol use.
Under the 'carless days' scheme, each car owner was rationed to using his or her car for six days a week. Each car bore a sticker with the name of a day of the week on it, the day being nominated by the car owner. On that day, the car was not to be used, in order to conserve petrol and reduce the amount the country was spending on petrol imports. Owners of more than one car were therefore in an advangtageous position.
Quantity: 1 original cartoon(s).
Physical Description: Ink, letratone and crayon, 440 x 320 mm
Finding Aids: Photocopies available in Pictorial Reference Service.
- Copyright must be cleared before this is reproduced for publication. The Library may be able to help with an address.
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- Part of
- Lodge, Nevile Sidney 1918-1989 :[Archive of original cartoons for the Evening Post and Sports Post, 1941 to 1988] / Lodge, Nevile Sidney 1918-1989 :[Cartoons for the Evening Post, 1979]
- 1 original cartoon(s), Works of art, Cartoons (Commentary), Ink, letratone and crayon, 440 x 320 mm, Orientation: Horizontal image
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it:Lodge, Nevile Sidney, 1918-1989. Lodge, Nevile Sidney, 1918-1989 :"I simply went out and bought a few more - Now I have one for every sticker in the week". Evening Post. 8 March 1979.. Lodge, Nevile Sidney 1918-1989 :[Archive of original cartoons for the Evening Post and Sports Post, 1941 to 1988]. Ref: B-135-684. Alexander Turnbull Library, Wellington, New Zealand. /records/23223904