- 13 Aug 1990
- Marshall, Christopher, 1956-; Zagni, Ivan, 1942-; Wells, John Shaw (Dr), 1948-; Hulford, Denise Lovona, 1944-; Suttor, Matthew, active 1989; Lilburn, Douglas Gordon, 1915-2001; Smith, Gregory, active 1989; Hall, Neville John Rotherham, 1962-; Ker, Dorothy, 1965-; Blair, Warwick, active 1987-2018Dart, William John, 1947-; Grylls, Karen Lesley, 1951-
This edition is presented by William Dart. The focus of the programme is on funding and sponsorship for composers and concerts. He talks with Christopher Marshall and Karen Grylls about his work. Ivan Zagni talks about some of the influences behind his work and the meaning that he wanted to express through the use of vocals. John Wells talks about the terms of his commission and that it had to be accessible, playable on a small organ and the duration. Denise Hulford talks about organising the 1990 CANZ project and some of the many difficulties with sponsorship. She also discusses some of the works performed at the concert series. Matthew Suttor talks about his work and how he had to work quickly and required intensive rehearsal sessions for this work. Includes musical excerpts.
Other Titles - Drysdale overture [excerpt] / by Douglas Lilburn ; (40\")
Other Titles - To the horizon [excerpts] / by Christopher Marshall ; (3')
Other Titles - Breath of hope [excerpts] / by Ivan Zagni ; (3')
Other Titles - Second suite for organ [excerpts] / by John Wells ; (3')
Other Titles - Except black [excerpt] / by Greg Smith ; (1')
Other Titles - From a single point [excerpt] / by Neville Hall ; (1')
Other Titles - Chasm [excerpt] / by Dorothy Ker ; (1')
Other Titles - Fascicle [excerpt] / by Denise Hulford ; (1')
Other Titles - Superimposition [excerpt] / by Matthew Suttor ; (1')
Other Titles - Music for Midsummer night's dream [excerpts] / by Matthew Suttor ; (1'30)
Other Titles - 1990 Fanfare [excerpt] / by Warwick Blair ; (1'30\")
Quantity: 1 DAT tape(s). 48.36 Minutes and seconds Duration.
Finding Aids: NZ Public Radio listing.
Provenance: Concert FM
- For any public use, copying, or reproduction of these recordings please contact SOUNZ. Copyright: Please contact SOUNZ
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- Part of
- New Zealand Public Radio : Concert FM New Zealand Composer Sound Archive / [New music surveys August, October 1990]
- 1 DAT tape(s), 48.36 Minutes and seconds Duration, Sound recordings
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.