- Te Rangitake, Wiremu Kingi, -1882; Hipirini, active 1850s; Paerau, active 1850s; Te Meha, Maika, active 1847; Tareha Te Moananui, 1810-1880; Kawepo, Renata Tama-ki-Hikurangi, -1888; Huke, Noa, active 1840s-1894; Te Ota, Wiremu, active 1850s-1860s; Taina, Wireemu, active 1860s; Hauauru, Otatu, active 1860s; Te Whata, Tapa, active 1864-1870; Rautu, Hoera, active 1847-1870s; Puhara, -1857; Te Hapuku, -1878; Te Rauparaha, Tamihana, 1819-1876; Whareponga, Hoera, active 1850s
- Letters from Maori on a variety of subjects; there is a letter from Wiremu Kingi Whiti Wiremu Kingi Te Rangitake?) explaining his position in the period prior to the fighting at Taranaki in 1860-61, and asking Hadfield to intercede on his behalf; there are also letters about people that are in jail, receipts for monies and other items received and requests for further payments (for lands and services), and there are also letters about other land issues Language - All material is in Maori Quantity: 1 folder(s).
- Additional description
- Alternative form available: Microfilm available. Use MS-Copy-Micro-0726-52
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- Part of
- McLean, Donald (Sir), 1820-1877 : Papers / Series 2 Inward letters (Maori)
- 1 folder(s), Manuscripts
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it: