- Smith, John Valentine, 1824-1895; Smith, R W, active 1857; Smith, Richard, active 1843-1868; Smith, Stephenson Percy, 1840-1922; Smith, Thomas, active 1868; Smith, Thomas Dillon, 1800?-1876
- Correspondents: John Valentine Smith, Wellington & Wairarapa, 1851-1872 (22 letters); R W Smith (to Wilson), Wanganui, 1857 (1 letter); Richard Smith, Auckland, 1868 (1 letter); S Percy Smith, Taranaki, 1862-1872 (4 letters); Thomas Smith, Patea, 1868 (1 letter); Thomas Dillon Smith, Shakespeare Road, 1866 (1 letter) Contains correspondence to McLean from a number of people, dealing principally with the purchase and resale of Maori land and related issues; in particular, there are a number of letters from John Valentine Smith of Castlepoint (later Masterton) to McLean with regard to Maori land purchases and related difficulties, and to the disposition of Wairarapa Maori towards the Government and towards the Kingitanga Quantity: 1 folder(s).
- Additional description
- Alternative form available: Microfilm available. Use MS-Copy-Micro-0535-091
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- Part of
- McLean, Donald (Sir), 1820-1877 : Papers / Series 1 Inward letters (English)
- 1 folder(s), Manuscripts
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it: