- 15 Mar 1944
- Kaye, George Frederick, 1914-2004
- On 15 March 1944 Allied forces on the Monte Cassino Front, in Italy, launched an attack in an effort to break the stalemate which had existed for some time. Scene shows bombs bursting on the town of Cassino during the bombing raid which preceded the assault. Photograph taken 15 March 1944 by George Frederick Kaye. Quantity: 1 b&w original negative(s). Physical Description: Cellulosic film negative
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- Part of
- New Zealand. Department of Internal Affairs. War History Branch :Photographs relating to World War 1914-1918, World War 1939-1945, occupation of Japan, Korean War, and Malayan Emergency / World War 1939-1945 official negatives - DA Series
- 1 b&w original negative(s), Negatives, Cellulosic film negative, Orientation: Horizontal image
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it: