Union Steam Ship Company of New Zealand :View of Dunedin from Waverly Bay [and views of Dunedin buildings]. Supplement of the "Dunedin Star", April 10th, 1893.
- Union Steam Ship Company of New Zealand Ltd; F W Niven & Company; Moody, John George, active 1893
- Shows a view of Dunedin from Waverly Bay in the centre. Surrounding it from top left (clockwise) are: Sargood, Son & Ewen buildings in Invercargill and Dunedin (warehousemen and manufacturers including boot factory); Girton College; J J Arthur (tailors); McGavin and Co Union Brewery and Cellars; John Edmond (iron and hardware merchant); Evening Star Office; P Miller (importer); Grand Hotel (Watson Brothers); Bennett & Son (cordial manufacturers); James J Pryor and son (nurserymen); DIC (Drapery and General Importing Company - B Hallenstein, Cahirman of Directors); Hordern & White Dunedin Carriage Factory; Geo M Marshall (homeopathic chemist); Scoullar & Chisholm (furniture manufacturers and importers); Joseph McKay (boot and shoe manufacturer and importer); Dick & McKechnie Drapery Supply Association; The Phoenix Company (makers of jams, biscuits and confectionery); H S Fish & Son (paperhangings and window glass). Inscriptions: Recto - top left - Printed for the proprietors of the "Evening Star" Dunedin, by F W Niven & Co., and published by John George Moody, Mornington. Quantity: 1 colour art print(s). Physical Description: Lithograph, coloured, 637 x 1015 mm. Provenance: Acquired in 1980.
- Additional description
- Alternative form available: Scanned from original in 2012. File print and colour transparency available in Ephemera Room.
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- 1 colour art print(s), Ephemera, Lithographs, Advertisements, Posters, Cityscapes (Representations), Lithograph, coloured, 637 x 1015 mm., Orientation: Horizontal image
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Downloading this item
This item is available as a high resolution download. No further permissions are required for use of this image, however full citations and acknowledgements should be included wherever the images are used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It can be modified, remixed and built upon. It can be used commercially.
If reproducing this item, it is helpful to include the following credit: